Digital Marketing Campaign
What Is a Digital Marketing Campaign?
A digital marketing campaign is an online effort to increase traffic, engagement, and conversions. It includes all the digital marketing strategies and tactics you and your team will be using to achieve your marketing goals.
Digital Marketing Campaign – The Basics
Today, brands use digital marketing campaigns all the time. Examples include brands on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube as well as those that advertise their products or services on Google.
Marketing departments have always used marketing plans. Digital campaigns are nothing but digitized versions of these.
A digital marketing campaign defines the goals that you want to achieve through your marketing. These goals need to be aligned with your overarching business goals.
Digital marketing campaigns often span different channels. Also, they define the voice and messaging of the campaign, the target audience, the length of the campaign, and how results will be measured.
Key Aspects of a Digital Marketing Campaign
A digital marketing campaign can be simple or complex depending on what you are trying to achieve with it. You can also scale it over time as your business needs increase. Either way, a campaign has a few components.
- Marketplace Analysis – Having an overview of your market including direct competitors enables you to set accurate objectives for your campaign.
- Business Objectives – Do you want to boost sales, increase brand awareness, or reduce cost per lead? Your marketing campaign can have multiple objectives. But it’s best to differentiate between primary and secondary ones.
- KPIs – Once you know your objectives, you can set key performance indicators that will reflect them. KPIs can include organic traffic, social media shares, time on site, and many more.
- Buyer Personas – Segmenting your audience enables you to use your campaign to reach all types of customers.
- Strategies – Next, you have to define what marketing strategies you will be using to reach your target audience and meet your business objectives.
- Measurement – You will be using KPIs to measure the performance of your campaign. But it’s also important to specify how you will do your measurements.
Types of Digital Marketing Campaigns
Online marketing campaigns can use one or more channels and marketing tools. For example, some brands use social media marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) but not pay-per-click ads. Others focus on ads instead.
Here are the main types of digital marketing campaigns out there:
- Content marketing
- SEO campaigns
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Email marketing
- Video marketing, a form of content marketing
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Affiliate marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Viral marketing
- Retargeting marketing
Brands often combine these different types of marketing to achieve the best results based on their target audience.
Wrapping Things Up
A digital marketing campaign will use different online channels and tools to help you achieve your online marketing goals. In the age of mobile devices and social media, it can spread the word about your business beyond traditional marketing channels, and often, at a better cost.
But to achieve good results with your digital marketing, it’s crucial to plan your campaign. You have to consider essential aspects such as market analysis, buyer personas, and business objectives.
If you haven’t run and managed a digital marketing campaign before, you may want to team up with a marketing expert. That way you can maximize results and see higher returns.
Contact Ladical Digital Marketing
Are you interested in finding out more about the benefits of having a Digital Marketing Strategy and a Digital Marketing Campaign? We’re here to help you out! Please feel free to contact us using our contact form or if you prefer call us directly now at (888) 750-8860.