What is a Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a plan for reaching and attracting leads and achieving one or more specific marketing goals. It relies on different marketing tactics and it’s usually the starting point for your online marketing efforts.
The Difference Between a Digital Marketing Strategy and a Digital Marketing Campaign
To create a digital marketing strategy, you can use multiple digital marketing tactics. For example, to do search engine optimization for your website, you can use a combination of on-page and off-page search optimization, content marketing, and web design.
Similarly, a digital marketing campaign relies on multiple digital marketing strategies to achieve an overarching goal.
Now let’s take a closer look at some of the different digital marketing strategies out there.
Types of Digital Marketing Strategies
Key factors that influence the marketing strategy you choose include your audience, preferred marketing channels, objectives, and budget. You can use multiple strategies at the same time to achieve the best results.
So, what are some of the best marketing strategies you can use?
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for your website content to attract more organic traffic through Google or Bing.
- Pay per click (PPC) advertising on social media, including Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads to increase brand exposure, boost brand engagement and attract customers.
- Email marketing to send promotional offers and product updates to people who have already signed up to your email list, i.e. existing customers or fans.
- Blogging to provide informational content that drives traffic to your blog and makes people more aware of your brand.
- Giveaways or contests on your Facebook brand page.
- YouTube video marketing to showcase a new product.
These are only some of the digital marketing strategies that brands big and small rely on. There are many more out there for you to explore.
Elements of a Digital Marketing Strategy
While marketing strategies can differ considerably in terms of their aims and the tactics they rely on, they all have a few things in common.
The customer persona represents your ideal customer. It helps you understand who your digital marketing strategy is targeting. To create a buyer persona, you have to draw on your marketing data and the knowledge you have about your audience.
Each marketing strategy needs clearly defined goals at the outset, else how can you measure performance? These goals have to be specific, measurable, and relevant. Even if you plan a long-term digital marketing strategy, you still need to track progress every step of the way.
Your current digital assets include all the channels you’re already using and that you can incorporate into your strategy. These assets include:
- Owned media – Your website, blog, or social media profiles.
- Earned media – Exposure you’ve gained through your promotional and advertising efforts including content published on other websites such as guest posts and PRs as well as customer reviews on third party sites.
- Paid media – Advertising, sponsored posts, and other mediums through which you pay for exposure.
With a digital marketing strategy in place, you can attract customers online more easily and optimize your marketing spend. You can also better track and measure your progress. If things don’t work out as planned, you can understand what’s wrong and adjust your strategy to optimize results.
At the end of the day, having a digital marketing strategy is crucial to getting online marketing right.
More Info – Digital Marketing Strategy
Ladical Digital Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario Canada. If you would like more information on how we can help you create a “Digital Marketing Strategy”, please call us at 888-750-8860 or use our web contact form.